In 2005 Michigan spent $1.685.8 billion for state administered highways from the State Trunkline Fund, including bond proceeds.[13] Capital expenditures accounted for $1,022.5 million of the total, or 60.7 percent, with maintenance accounting for another $250.5 million (14.9 percent), for total capital and maintenance spending of $1,273.0 million (75.6 percent). The next biggest expenditure was for administration, totaling $162.9 million (9.7 percent).