Some districts provided information about their contracts with private providers of food, custodial and transportation services that require us to make some corrections to the way these districts’ responses were categorized in previous publications. These are listed below.
- Ionia Public Schools and Rogers City Area Schools have been using an employee-leasing agency for food service substitute workers and not for regular food service workers.
- East Jackson Community Schools, Newaygo Public Schools and Rogers City Area Schools have been using an employee-leasing agency for custodial service substitute workers and not for regular custodial employees.
- The East China School District has been using a transportation contractor for substitute workers and not for regular bus drivers.
- Webberville Community Schools has only been partially contracting custodial services.
- Kalkaska Public Schools has been using its local intermediate school district to provide transportation services, but the ISD does contracts out these services.
- Lawton Community Schools has been contracting out for its transportation manager.